A meeting was convene under the Chairmanship of Minister of Industries with CABROP Company. The company told the minister to invest in livestock sector and for the first time in Pakistan they are working to declare a specified area in Kasur region as disease free zone under international standards. It will not boost local agriculture and livestock sector but also will earn great foreign exchange once the export sector is opened up as Pakistan currently comes under disease stricken zone. The following were discussed to make Kasur-Punjab to be declared as disease free zone.
- Traceability System as per International Standards needs to be developed.
- Government may earmark specified area and all necessary activities to be conducted such as; complete vaccination with unique animal identification system through E-tagging.
- The specified area through compartmentalization may be declared as Disease free zone
- Export promotion to International Markets, linkage between producer and consumer
- Animal Husbandry Commissioner (Ministry of national Food Security and Research) to assess the current situation and planned future requirements
- Certifications for export purpose, constant liaison of the company with Animal Husbandry Commissioner
- Coordinate with the counterparts (Animal Husbandry Commissioners) in other countries for export purpose.
- Provision of FMD Vaccination of the livestock in the zone in order to achieve the disease-free status as per international standards. L&DD is already running a campaign against FMD in Punjab.
L&DD and Animal Husbandry Commissioner may hold the Database key for monitoring the entire traceability program online provided by the company.