Punjab China Bureau was formed in 2009, an initiative of the Honorable Chief Minister Punjab, Mian Muhammad Shahbaz Sharif to promote and encourage bilateral trade and investment between China and Pakistan. Punjab China Bureau was later brought into the ambit of the Punjab Board of Investment & Trade on the directions of the Chairman PBIT / Honorable CM of Punjab, Mian Shahbaz Sharif. China is Pakistan’s most trusted partner and ally and has a special place in the hearts of the people of Pakistan; hence the Chief Minister formed this enterprise, to create a dedicated interface for Chinese firms looking to devote their expertise in Punjab. Working closely with the Chinese Embassy PCB aims to develop and implement mutual interests & benefits of both Punjab & China.
It is a dedicated platform for investors of both the countries. Its main purpose is to initiate and facilitate collaborations between the government and private institutions in field of economy, textile, energy, civil construction, society, education, science & technology and so on. Punjab China Bureau also facilitates investors to obtain visa of China for business purposes and has a focal person in Chinese Embassy in Pakistan.
Pak - China Friendshio Accomplishments are enlisted below:
- China has recently committed to $32 billion investment in different sectors in Pakistan.
- Shandong Ruyi group of China will be investing $2 billion in Pakistan’s energy and textile sectors in the 2014-15 in Pakistan.
- Shandong Ruyi group will construct two coal-fired power plants in Pakistan each having a power generation capacity of 300 megawatts.
- Shandong Ruyi Group of China would invest US$ 119 million for providing technical assistance to aid establishment of Punjab Apparel Park in Pakistan’s Punjab province.
- Nandipur Power Project is an under construction combined cycle thermal power plant located at Nandipur near Gujranwala, in the province of Punjab in Pakistan. Being constructed by the China Dong Fang Electric Corporation, the project is estimated to be completed by December 2014. Upon completion, the project will generate 425 MW's of electricity. The estimated cost of the project is Rs. 57.38 billion.
- Education- Two MOUs signed between Punjab & China.
- Trade volume - Over $13 billion.
- Investments from Chinese Companies – Shandong Ruyi, Dong Fang, Zong, Huewai, TCL, ZTE, Qingqi, etc.
- A number of scientists & researchers from Punjab & China visit each other regularly in their respective fields
- Friendship Depth- Jiangsu, Sichuan, Shandong, Ningxia declared sister provinces of Punjab.
- Chief Minister Punjab Shahbaz Sharif has constituted "Chief Minister Special Initiatives Entity”
For Further Information:
Punjab China Bureau / PBIT
M: +92-321-4444 280